Please allow four weeks notice for the request to be processed
To allow sufficient time to process requests, please submit four (4) weeks before the event or meeting date. Proclamations and commendations issued by the City Council provide an opportunity for recognition of exceptional events and people within Pleasanton.
GUIDELINES FOR PROCLAMATIONS AND COMMENDATIONS
Proclamations and commendations are ceremonial documents signed by the Mayor and City Council and issued for: non-profit organizations, public awareness, arts and cultural celebrations, and special honors (on the recommendation of the Mayor).
PROCLAMATIONS AND COMMENDATIONS WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- Events or organizations with no direct relationship with Pleasanton
- Campaigns or events contrary to City policies
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR PROCLAMATIONS AND COMMENDATIONS:
- The City Manager’s Office reserves the right to modify or deny any request
- An organization may request only one ceremonial document annually
- More than one cause/event may be proclaimed simultaneously
- An organization does not have exclusive rights to the day, week, or month of the proclamation
- Proclamations presented during Council Meetings are limited due to time and may be declined or rescheduled
WHO CAN MAKE REQUEST FOR PROCLAMATION/COMMENDATION:
- Requests must be made by a Pleasanton resident, or an organization/business based within city limits.
- Proclamations must affect a broad group of people. For individuals, depending on the occasion or event, a Mayor's commendation or congratulatory letter may be provided in lieu of a proclamation.
Questions may be directed to the Public Information Officer at 925-931-5002 or email@example.com
Proclamations may be mailed or presented at the event depending on availability of the Mayor or the Mayor’s designee.